April 21, 2013

The Underwater World!

I just got back from a wonderful two nights out on the Great Barrier Reef. I learned to dive, had a lot of fun, and made some new friends in the process! I spent a day in the pool learning the basics, then headed out early thursday morning on board Reef-Kist. That took us out to the Kangaroo Explorer via Fitzroy Island, and we hopped onto the larger live aboard boat there. There being Briggs Reef, about 55 km off the coast.

I did nine dives over the three days, including one night dive. These pictures are all from the last couple dives, and I didnt actually take most of them. Simon, one of my dive buddies took them as we were swimming along. Thanks Simon!

I will write more tomorrow about the boat and everything, but for now, some pictures from the amazing underwater world that is the Great Barrier Reef!

Ready to dive! Just before starting the descent. This was a dive at Milln Reef.
Dive buddies starting to descend!
Dive buddies! Lisa and I on the bottom ready to explore!

Giant clam.













Me swimming along.







If you stroke their tongues, they first suck it in a little bit, the snap about half shut. It is quite alarming the first few times!





Can you spot the shark?

Turtle!
Grumpy turtle!

No comments:

Post a Comment