June 26, 2013

A Day Around Airlie

Here are some pictures from my first day in Airlie Beach.

These first two are from Shute Harbour. Most of the land you can see in the distance is bits and pieces of the many island of the Whitsundays.




This next one is from one end of town. That big three master washed up on a sandbar during a big storm at high tide, and has been sitting there ever since. There are a fair number of wrecks around actually, most victims of the most recent heavy storms to hit the area.



In fact here is another wreck right here!



Next up we have the Airlie Lagoon. This is where people come and swim, or lie and sunbathe. It is actually quite a nice swimming lagoon.


This is Airlie Beach itself. The whole town is named after this piddly little bit of sand....There is not really much to do in Airlie except party. All the really nice beaches and things to do are out on the islands.



When I went into town yesterday afternoon, obviously I went on the internet, but after that I did a nice little walk to Able Point Marina. There is a nice little walking path along the shore all the way from one end to the other of Airlie Beach, and that is where these photos are all from.





Just as I got to Able Point Marina, the sun began to set. It was a very nice sunset!




I think today i will wander around again, and tomorrow go out on a day trip to the islands, then head on my way the next day. I dont exactly know what my plans are though. I am kinda taking my time here in Airlie Beach as just a bit of a chill out time after the last few weeks of busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment