June 23, 2013

Tour de Airlie and Surrounds

I just got back from a couple hours of being shown around Airlie Beach. We drove around town and the surrounds to show me the lay of the land. It is quite a nice place!

We started off by heading down to Shute Harbour. That is where a bunch of the boats to the islands leave from. We had an ice creame there while looking out over the beautiful blue water. The air is nice and warm in the sun and even in the shade, but the wind is quite brisk with just a t-shirt on.

We drove back, past the little airport with the hanger homes to the other side of Airlie, Able Point Marina where the rest of the boats leave for the islands.

A little drive through the small town later and we are back at home. I think I will go into town later for a walk around, see the sights of the town itself, perhaps have a beer or two. I need to figure out what I am going to do for the rest of my time here. I dont really do planning very well, so I have not actually got any plans as such...

I am so glad I came here. It is a nice change of pace from the last few weeks in Cairns, and I am happy I have started travelling. It feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment