June 23, 2013

On My Way

I figure it is about time for a nice post with lots of writing, not just videos or pictures. I have finally finished a very busy few weeks. With the end of classes, the trip out to the reef, and then a couple weeks of exams, all intertwined with preparing to leave Cairns, I have had my hands pretty full. Full hands are not necessarily a bad thing though, and I have certainly had tons of fun!

I am sitting here writing this in the buffet car of the Sunlander. I am on my way south, and this train will take me as far as Airlie Beach. This of course means I have now officially left Cairns and am about to embark on the fourth and final phase of my trip. This last phase will take me to Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays, Byron Bay, Brisbane, Melbourne, and finally back to Sydney as the last stop before I fly home.

Omm nom nomm. Burger




It is a bit sad to be leaving Cairns. I have met so many great people and had so many fun times up in the Far North of Queensland, but at the same time it feels really very good to start moving again. Knowing that I have a decent amount of time left helps I think. I certainly want to come back to Cairns at some point and check out more of this wonderful part of the world.

I believe we have just pulled into Cardwell. Indeed we have. This is where there was that petrol station which had poutine on the menu.

Well, that post didn't turn out to be very long, but I will write another right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment