June 23, 2013

Train Time Again

It has been about four or five hours since I wrote the previous posts. I am still on the train, and still have about 4 hours to go. The trip from Cairns to Airlie Beach is about 12 hours. We had a stop about an hour ago at Townsville. We had about 15 minutes to stretch our legs.



Since then I have been drawing with the little guy in the seat next to me.



It has been a lot of fun, but I need a little bit of peace and quite now so I am sitting in the club car listening to the Beatles. It is just about time for sunset. As we head south along the coastal plain, the beautiful soft golden light of the sunset is bathing the fields in warm lovely light.

I am so glad I have had this amazing experience in Australia, and I am so glad it will continue for a while yet! Though it is sad to leave friends in Cairns, I am sure I will see them again if I put my mind to it, be it here or in Canada, or in some third location elsewhere in the world.

I am just going to sit back now and watch the sun set.


No comments:

Post a Comment