June 23, 2013

Sleeping Well in Airlie Beach

Oh what a beautiful morning oh, what a beautiful day. I just woke up from the most wonderful sleep I have had in ages. By the way, I dont think this will actually get posted for a little while, so I wont have actually just woken up when I post it, but right now, writing it that is what has happened.

The train was about 10 minutes late getting into Prosepine, the closest station to Airlie Beach, about a half hour inland. I transferred onto the little shuttle bus waiting for the 8 or so of us making the journey to Airlie and had a nice drive along the dark roads (it was about 9:30pm then.

We got into town, the main street of which is all torn up on one side and has been for a year while they replace all the sewers and water pipes and everything. The bus driver dropped me off at the other end of town and I got picked up by my flatmate in Cairn's father.

We got in just a few minutes later and after some supper and a little bit of the end of the Lions-Wallabies game, I hit the sack and had a beautiful 10 hour sleep. The curtains are blackout curtains and work very well. Added to almost perfect silence and a comfortable bed, and you get a very nice sleep.

It is now almost 11. Breakfast is done, it is a beautiful day, and I am just about ready to head into town.

No comments:

Post a Comment